Friday, July 20, 2007

Welcome - The Story

My wife and I made the decision to move out of the suburbs and seek a more down to earth lifestyle. The Search for ONE ACRE FARM is the story of that journey to change, leaving suburbia and finding a new place to live and farm and get closer to basic living.

I'm starting this blog before we have even begun. We have no new home; we haven't even sold the suburb house yet. Being a researching fool, as I dream about the lifestyle I'd like to have one day, I ferret out good books and magazines and websites and blogs of others who have done something similar to what I hope to do. (The next best thing to living your own dream is sharing in someone else's, and sometimes even better, because you vicariously enjoy the rewards with none of the painful labor.) Perhaps this blog will do the same for you.

Right now, I'm still dreaming and planning. Putting the house on the market was a big first step, but I hope in the months, or year, or years to come to have found a new home with enough land in which we can invest our time and labor and dreams. And as I go along, I'll try to chronicle as much of our experiences as possible.

Welcome along on the ride.

1 comment:

KMU said...

My spouse and I are also on a similar journey. Found a lot of interesting stuff in your blog. Keep it up. You will get there! You can visit "me" at SustainableFarmingDreams.blogspot.com Good luck and many blessings on your journey!